Report a safeguarding concern

If you have immediate concerns about your own or someone else’s safety, call the Police on 999. If it isn’t an emergency but you need help fast, call the Police on 101.

If you suspect that an adult in Bristol with care and support needs is being abused or neglected but their health or welfare is not in immediate danger, contact Care Direct at You will be directed to different forms depending on whether you are a member of the public or a professional.

You can also call Care Direct on 0117 922 2700, 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. There’s an answerphone service outside these hours.

If you have concerns about a care service or provider, visit the Care Quality Commission at

Bristol is committed to being a ‘Safe City’, and have leaflets available with more information

Report an escalation 

For professional use only. If you have raised a safeguarding concern and are not satisfied with the response, you must use the BSAB escalation policy. Please use the below form to report that you have used this policy.

Postal Address:

BSCB / BSAB Safeguarding (CH)
PO Box 3176
Bristol, BS3 9FS

Our Partners:

Bristol Safeguarding Adults Board
Bristol Safeguarding Adults Board
Bristol Safeguarding Adults Board
Avon & Somerset Police