Think Family Contact KBSP Leave This Site

Domestic Abuse

Information, advice and support for children and families

Domestic violence and abuse

Domestic violence and abuse isn't always physical harm, it can also be sexual harm, and controlling and coercive behaviour (when someone is controlling where you go, who you see, your money, making you do things you don't want to do). If you or someone else in your family is being hurt at home, you can tell a teacher, a neighbour, a friend, a friend's parent or the police. Domestic violence and abuse isn’t your fault.


Advice and support

Next Link

Next Link have a dedicated children and young people’s services. They work with children who have witnessed or experienced domestic abuse. Freephone: 0800 4700 280 or Call 0117 925 0680 (check the website for current opening hours) or email

Julian House

Julian House offers practical and emotional support, information, and education for children who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse. Call 0117 942 4986 or email


Childline are a free confidential advice line. They won't tell anyone else you’re calling unless you’re in immediate danger. They can tell you where you can get help. Call 0800 1111.

First Response

First response is where to go when you first need to contact social care in Bristol. You can tell them if you are concerned about a child or young person. Call 0117 903 6444.

Off The Record

Free and confidential information, advice and counselling on all issues for young people aged 11 – 25. Call 0808 808 9120.

Further resources

The Hide Out - an online space to help children and young people to understand domestic abuse, and how to take positive action if it is happening to you.

Abuse in Relationships: Can You See It? - YouTube video from the This Is Abuse campaign focusing on young people and domestic abuse.