Learn how to spot the signs
You might not know what's going on in someone's life, but you might see changes in how they act. These changes can be a sign that someone needs help.
You may notice they:
- are quieter than usual
- do not contact their friends or family
- have bruises or marks that they can’t explain where they came from
- look untidy, like they haven’t been looking after themselves
- are worried about hearing from their partner or carer
- don’t talk about things at home
- look different or wear different things
- are drinking more alcohol than usual
- don’t seem to have enough money to buy the things they used to
- make excuses
- miss work
- just seem different
- are making strange and unsafe decisions
- someone acting angry or violent towards them
If you've noticed changes in someone and are worried about them, there's help at hand: find free, confidential support services.
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call the police on 999.
Go back to: